Sunday, February 14, 2010

Tools of the Trade

If you asked electricians what the most valuable tool in their tool box was the most common answer would, by far, be their Kleins.

After last week, I'd offer a different answer. The most important piece of equipment any electrician can have is a reliable car or truck. In a week where the Federal Government was closed, every school district in the area shut its doors and when most private businesses closed up shop I was at work every single day.

My employer certainly would have understood if I had called in (and you MUST call in) to say that I couldn't make it because of the snow but the expectation is always that you show up for work. And in a profession where if you don't work you don't get paid, being there every morning at 6am is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment